Macbook Pro - 13" or 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hayabusi, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Hayabusi macrumors newbie

So, new Macbooks are out -> I need one! :)

At the moment i'm stucked with an 3-4 year old Asus A8JP 14" with a resolution of 1440*900.

So, the 13" would mean a decrease in screen resolution and size.
    But my biggest concern is the glossy display.

Is it really nearly impossible to work outside with the 13"? I had the first unibody macbook 13" with the inferior screen for a week and didn't try that out. But the newer ones are much brighter, right?

But the 15" with the matte display (and higher resolution!) would set me back nearly 600€!! more...

But how about the portability and the couch surfing experience with the 15"? Isn't it too big for that?

Oh, and what about hooking up the mbp to an lcd for some plex experience? That way i could spare a macmini...

Thanks everybody

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Both machines will last. Get whatever you can afford and whatever is comfortable to you.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you don't do gaming, you could take a look at previous gen 15" MBPs as they go for pretty good price now. The 15"s price in € is ridiculous, 1799€ for base model! That's 2445$!!! Of course the old one has no option for better res but I think it would be worth it for you. If not, get the 13" as it should be enough for you.

And yes, both work fine with any LCD

4. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

I've used my 13" outside quite a bit, it's fine. Just crank up the brightness and you are good.

5. JNickyJJ macrumors member

I'd go for the 15 but my sisters 13" glossy mbp is absolutely fine outdoors, very annoying to see when in a car though, unless the brightness is high[​IMG]