Macbook Pro 13" performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mutedf8, Mar 31, 2013.

1. mutedf8 macrumors newbie

Hi Devs,

2 days ago i bought a new Macbook Pro 13" (Mid-2012). The same have been loaded with corsair vengeance 2x8 gb RAM & 240gb of corsair neutron gtx SSD.

but i'm hard to find the performance with the above upgrades.
    i) copying a 2gb file is taking around 4 min
    ii) shutdown takes too much time
    iii) poor battery life

MBP is loaded with 10.8.3, TRIM enabled.

can anybody advise any tweaks / option for a better performance.?

thanks in advance. :)

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Point #1 could be anything and requires more sleuthing.

Point #'s 2 and 3 are 10.8.3 related - particularly the shut down bug. You need to define your subjective term of "poor" in #3).

3. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

i: As stated previously, this could be anything. Are you using your USB 3.0 port? With what are you transferring? You could very well likely be bottle-necked by something else, and not by the MBP.

ii: How much is "too much"?

iii: Again, you're being subjective. What is "poor"?

With regards to ii (2) and iii (3), you need to be more definitive. Which applications are you running consistently (frequently and on a everyday basis)? What does your normal task set look like?

4. Pebbleheed macrumors newbie

I put 16GB in my 2012 MBP and it's very quick. Especially when editing photos with several software titles open.

I've still got a standard HDD in there as I'm waiting for the 500GB SSD drives to drop slightly more before I purchase them. This appears to be what's slowing me slightly.

I use an app to run maintenance scripts on my MBP every week or so. That makes a noticeable difference to performance.

5. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Might want to disable that and see what happens.