MacBook Pro 13" Protective Case (2011)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aviboy97, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Aviboy97 macrumors regular

I have an early 2011 MBP 13" and I'm tired of getting scratches and dents on the cover. I've been as careful as I can be, however other members of my family who use the computer could care less about appearance....My question is, what case would you guys recommend for this computer? I have seen many out there and I would prefer a clear case, that is as thin as possible. All I want to do is prevent future scratches and damage to the aluminum. Thanks...

2. chillfrilla macrumors member

speck seethru case

had both incase and speck, speck is much better

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I love my speck case for my 13inch - going to purchase another one for my MBP - I prefer black

5. Aviboy97 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I purchased a Speck case (clear) for my MBP on Amazon for about $20 less than they sell for on Speck's web site. So far so good!!

6. TechStooge macrumors member

why didnt u bother searching this uqesiton? LLOL

7. DrewP1337 macrumors newbie

8. FooDog11 macrumors newbie

Yes! I love my Incase on my 13"! I've been using it for around a year and it's still perfect.

9. Atomant669 macrumors regular

I believe speck is one of the best ones out there. Do a search on utube and check out comparisons between speck and incipio. I just purchased my Speck a few days ago. Good quality. No play whatsoever. Fits snugly.

10. Woojun912 macrumors member

I'm actually debating if I should get one or not because I got a 13" macbook pro 2-3 days ago. :) what ya think?

11. RC85 macrumors member

RC85

I used a hard case (Speck) on my previous MBP. I removed it after about 6 months, it left marks where the tabs attached to the body. Plus two of the tabs chipped off. Just something to think about.

My view on these tab secure type cases are the same for slider smart phones.

12. Woojun912 macrumors member

I thought about what you were mentioning there. That's why I'm kinda still in a dilemma about it.

13. RC85 macrumors member

RC85

Some really like the cases and they do protect it, but some of the damage I've heard and seen them do it may not be worth it.