MacBook Pro 13" Protective Case (2011)

Aviboy97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Pennsylvania
I have an early 2011 MBP 13" and I'm tired of getting scratches and dents on the cover. I've been as careful as I can be, however other members of my family who use the computer could care less about appearance....My question is, what case would you guys recommend for this computer? I have seen many out there and I would prefer a clear case, that is as thin as possible. All I want to do is prevent future scratches and damage to the aluminum. Thanks...

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I have an early 2011 MBP 13" and I'm tired of getting scratches and dents on the cover. I've been as careful as I can be, however other members of my family who use the computer could care less about appearance....My question is, what case would you guys recommend for this computer? I have seen many out there and I would prefer a clear case, that is as thin as possible. All I want to do is prevent future scratches and damage to the aluminum. Thanks...
I love my speck case for my 13inch - going to purchase another one for my MBP - I prefer black

Atomant669

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
I believe speck is one of the best ones out there. Do a search on utube and check out comparisons between speck and incipio. I just purchased my Speck a few days ago. Good quality. No play whatsoever. Fits snugly.

RC85

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2012
Corn Field USA
I used a hard case (Speck) on my previous MBP. I removed it after about 6 months, it left marks where the tabs attached to the body. Plus two of the tabs chipped off. Just something to think about.

My view on these tab secure type cases are the same for slider smart phones.

Woojun912

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2012
California
I used a hard case (Speck) on my previous MBP. I removed it after about 6 months, it left marks where the tabs attached to the body. Plus two of the tabs chipped off. Just something to think about.

My view on these tab secure type cases are the same for slider smart phones.
I thought about what you were mentioning there. That's why I'm kinda still in a dilemma about it.