MacBook Pro 13" Repair Status Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AlphaDogg, Nov 17, 2010.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Hello forum!
    Here is my story: My 2010 2.4ghz 13" MBP stopped going to sleep when closing the lid. So, I tried resetting the SMC. I then found out that the control key didn't work, thus not allowing me to reset the SMC. Also, my battery only holds 90% capacity (according to their tests) after ~250 cycles. And, the stock HDD makes quite audible beep sounds when the computer is moved. My upgraded 500gb Hitachi Travelstar 7k500 does not do this, and thus is not a motion sensor problem, it is a HDD problem. So, I took it to the genius bar, hoping to get these issues fixed. The only "real" issue was that the MBP did not go to sleep when the lid was closed. I went in, expecting that issue to be fixed. The genius told me that they had to send it to a repair depot. I said fine, I pulled my upgraded HDD and put in the stock HDD about an hour before the appointment, so I could stick it in my MacBook to use in that time period. I asked that the genius made note of my battery issues and hard drive issues on the work authorization form.

Fast forward to today:
    My repair status says "On Hold - Information Needed. Please contact AppleCare." So, I called AppleCare. They told me that it was briefly put on hold to get information from my local Apple store that I took it to initially. He then told me that repairs had started at 4:00PM. I called at about 4:30PM. I asked if the repair status could be changed. He then told me that it was something out of his control, and the repair status page can take up to 24hrs to update.

My question:
    What can I expect to happen? From all of your experience, can you tell me if I will have my MBP back soon? Estimated time?

Thanks,
    AlphaDogg :)

2. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

3. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg