Macbook Pro 13" Retina (late 2013) 10% loss overnight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macs4u, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Macs4u macrumors 6502

Hi,

My Macbook Pro 13" Retina (late 2013) had 92% battery life showing last night when i closed the lid. Ive come to it this morning and it now shows 82%. What could have caused that loss? It has been sat for approximately 9hrs. It has 92 battery cycles and the battery life is brilliant when using.

There was nothing running when i shut the lid last night, nothing connected by usb or anything like that

Matt

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

If you are running OSX 10.10 check if you have enabled power nap under System Preferences->Energy Saver.

3. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

Its not enabled, which is the best one to do isn't it so it doesn't check stuff whilst in sleep mode?

Ive just been out for 3hrs and the battery has only dropped 1% but i made sure everything was closed down such as safari, mail so no dots under the icons in the dock.

Could that be it? Could i have had something opened still?

Matt

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

As the machine isn't fully off just with lid closeted hibernating, it is using some power.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

1% per hour is about right and absolutely nothing to lose sleep over.

A quick search of the forums brought me 23 pages of results, all of them containing the answer to your question. You should try it.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search/364257/?q=battery+on+sleep&o=relevance&c[node]=90

6. Macs4u thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I will just shutdown at night to save battery depletion.

Thanks for the friendly reply :rolleyes:

The forum rules frown on the typical "use the search" kind of post. A quick search of the forum rules brought me to the following page.. https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201265337-Forum-Rules#nottodo

Perhaps read the forum rules?

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

I did read the rules, thanks for asking. I provided just what they asked, a link, an explanation of how I got there, and it contained the answer to your question.

Please refrain from giving a tone to written messages in your head, 99% of the time, when one does that, he/she is wrong in choosing the tone.

My post was not meant to be condescending.