Macbook Pro 13'' Retina (Mid - 2014) - charger makes buzzing noise.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Venderious, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Venderious macrumors member

Venderious

Hello MacRumors,

Recently I noticed my 5 months old Macbook Pro charger (brick) started to make a weird buzzing sound.
    The noise occurs frequently. I could describe it as a white noise with sudden beeps. It's hard to hear but when you come up close it's definitely loud. Is there any way to fix this, or is this normal?
    I have already planned a call with Apple Support, but I figured, why not ask it here?

2. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

3. frosse macrumors 6502a

Have you switched power outlet recently? I could just be a bad ground in the outlet. Try another one :)

4. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

I don't believe this is an issue or even related to Apple. Try another outlet/power source to rule it out, though.

5. ilikewhey macrumors 6502

i had the same buzzing issue before the charger fried itself, while my friend's hp charged away fine on the same outlet.

6. Simber macrumors newbie

Hey mate, I've got the same issue with you and the same model (MBP 13 inch, mid 2014), what did Apple Tech say to you - no cause for concern or?

7. frosse macrumors 6502a

I'm 90% sure it hasn't got anything to do with your MBP. Try another power outlet since it's probably just a bad ground.

8. Simber macrumors newbie

Yeh I'm pretty certain it has to do with the macbook charger (the whit charging block). I tried grounding it to another outlet and can still hear noises so I don't think grounding is the issue

9. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

Try a different building or area or your home/office/etc.

10. Venderious thread starter macrumors member

Venderious

Well, they told me I had to send in my Macbook, but I didn't. The noise sometimes occurs, maybe once a week, but not that much now.