Macbook Pro 13 shuts down when Magsafe charger is connected

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lbisou, Jul 29, 2014.

1. lbisou macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some assistance in troubleshooting a Macbook Pro 13". This unit has had liquid damage. I have already clean the the motherboard with 99% pure alcohol. I have also performed a visual inspection on the card for any remaining signs of corrosion. The symptoms are as follows: the Macbook will charge the battery perfectly. Magsafe goes green when initially plugged in then goes orange while charging the battery. The unit will attempt to start when the power switch is depressed, fan starts, front LED comes on, but will immediately shut down and not reach the chime. The strange thing is the unit will power up on battery without the Magsafe plugged in and will successfully boot. The only issue I can see when the unit has booted, is very poor performance. When looking at the Activity Monitor I can see that the Kernel Task is running at over 300%. I also ran Istats menu and all the sensors seem to be ok. At least from what I can tell. Does anyone have a clue where I should start?

Thanks.

2. gerikerschi macrumors newbie

At first do a SMC reset!
    Than check the HDD cable and the connector. Maybe it is defect, than the Macbook is very slow!
    At next use a Microskope to check the Logicboard. I think you forgot something to clean! ;)

BR
    Geri