Macbook Pro 13" speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chetan6686, Apr 24, 2010.

1. chetan6686 macrumors member

How good are the MBP 13" speakers???Is it comparable to those of 15 inches??
    N where are the speakers located on the MBP 13".Its not on the sides of the keyboard as on 15 inch and the 17 inch model i guess?

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

I believe the speakers are located underneath the keyboard.

3. Pax macrumors 6502a

The right speaker and subwoofer seem to run along around the slot for the Superdrive.
    http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/...3-Inch-Unibody-Subwoofer-Right-Speaker/1341/4

Dunno where the left speaker is, probably in a mirror image position.

So I think they're broadly in the same place as on the 15", just no speaker grilles.

The sound is good, much better than my old white MB. More bass and louder. Can't comment on how they compare with the 15" however, but I'd guess quite similar.

4. chetan6686 thread starter macrumors member

N what about the sound quality???N BTW do the 13 inches have the speaker grills as on MBP 15 inch??

5. chetan6686 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot:)

6. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

The speakers on the new 13" MBP are certainly not bad, but they are definitely inferior to the 15". They are not as loud and for example with some youtube videos even with all volumes turned up to maximum it can be hard to hear.

7. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

They're underneath the keyboard so there are no speaker grills, the sound quality is OK for a laptop it's size, however not on a par with the 15"

Go in a Apple store when it's quite and have a play.