MacBook Pro 13" Thumb scope defect

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ouimetnick, May 31, 2010.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

The thumb scope on my moms' 13" MBP seems strange. Looking strait down on it, the left side has more of a curve and the right is more angled. Does anyone else have the issue?

Click on the picture to make it bigger notice the top curve is more curved than the bottom.
    Any one else have the problem with theirs? Yes its small, but I would imagine that because its all machined, it would be purr-fect.

Attached Files:

2. lordofuo macrumors regular

3. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I put a picture of it. Its more noticeable in person, but you can see it with the picture. The thumb scope is where your finger goes to open up the notebook.

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

It's come to this? Really? The mere fact that such a thing could be considered an issue really goes to show just the quality that Apple ships.

I mean, we can't complain about bad parts, bad fit, bad hinges, sounds, or loose parts, so we have to get out the magnifying glass to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING faulty to get in a bind about.

LUL, not you, but you know what I mean.

One second, I'm busting out the caliper to make sure my iSight is PERFECTLY centered, or so help me...so help me...

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do you mean the magnetic latch?

[​IMG]

It should be flush, as it is made of one piece. Is that a skin/case on the 13" MBP?

scope |skəʊp|

noun
    the extent of the area or subject matter that something deals with or to which it is relevant : we widened the scope of our investigation | such questions go well beyond the scope of this book. See note at range .
    • the opportunity or possibility to do or deal with something : the scope for major change is always limited by political realities.
    • archaic a purpose, end, or intention : Plato maintains religion to be the chief aim and scope of human life.
    • Nautical the length of cable extended when a ship rides at anchor.
    • Linguistics & Logic the range of the effect of an operator such as a quantifier or conjunction.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent. (in the sense [target for shooting at] ): from Italian scopo ‘aim,’ from Greek skopos ‘target,’ from skeptesthai ‘look out.’

6. lordofuo macrumors regular

Oh! I get you. The ThumbSCOOP. :p

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with the pic. :eek:

A small "flaw" in the thumbscoop really doesn't hinder the function of the computer anyway.

7. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I just can't believe they have those issues. The E key on the keyboard is also slanted towards the right.

8. lordofuo macrumors regular

:D:D:D:D

9. lordofuo macrumors regular

**Facepalm**

10. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Well...at least it's not like the Satellite I just fixed. Poor lady spent $800 on that POS and the keyboard... *pukes* My fingers have NEVER witnessed such horror.

11. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I looked at my brother's Aluminum Unibody MacBook, and he has the same problem, but its less noticeable. Its more perfect. Either way, it doesn't bother me that much, I just thought is was strange, and wanted to know if any of you have the problem.

MrCheeto, are you calling my mom a poor lady? And she spent $1199 not $800 if that was directed at me.

12. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

No...read it again, I don't feel like writing a whole explanatory paragraph over something that is simply a comprehension issue.

13. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

14. lordofuo macrumors regular

**FACEPALM**