MacBook Pro 13 unibody battery replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tlinford, May 13, 2012.

1. tlinford macrumors regular

tlinford

Is it possible to buy a proper Apple Battery to replace the tired one in my 3 year old MacBook pro unibody here in the UK to fit myself?

I once bought a 3rd party battery for an iBook, it was cheap, but it was rubbish!

2. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

Please, check your inbox messages.
    You can get a new genuine Apple battery from a high-rated eBay seller for $59.99 (with free shipping).

3. Nightwing786 macrumors newbie

Me too

I am also looking for a replacement battery for my macbook pro 13 inch 2009 model. Can anybody help?

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

pm sent

5. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

Helped as much as I can, with updated information.

6. SneakersOToole macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm looking for a good replacement battery for a mid 2009 13" Aluminum unibody macbook pro. Any ideas?

Thanks!

7. r1ckynutz macrumors newbie

Mine isn't a 13 but its a 15 unibody that needs a battery as well. Can you PM me the info please? :D

8. JMcN macrumors newbie

I thought the batteries in the MAc Book Pro line were no longer user-replaceable. Am I wrong, or is it do-able, but just a lot more difficult than it used to be?

Given the problems I've had with batteries, and the fact that I tend to keep my computers for a good while, I won't buy a computer that I can't replace the battery on (or have it done for a REASONABLE price, if I can't do it myself). I don't mind "some assembly required" (not much could be worse than taking apart my parents old tangerine clamshell iBook for an upgrade).

(Currently writing this on a 2006 15" MBP ... with an aftermarket battery that lasted one month longer than it's 1 year warranty)

9. r1ckynutz macrumors newbie

10. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

battery

also looking for battery and optical drive for my 2010mbp

11. Stetrain macrumors 68040

They are not considered user-replaceable, but it is possible to replace them yourself on the non-retina models:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2012+Battery/10759/1

Of course Apple will also do it for you for $129 or $199 (retina models).