Price Advice Macbook Pro 13 upgraded price advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lolsloth, Oct 12, 2011.

1. lolsloth macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just to clarify and not get banned, I want to sell this on Ebay, not on Macrumors, so mods please be nice xD

I have the 2.3 i5 version great nick, upgraded to 8GB of RAM, and an intel SSD 320 160GB. I have the original box, running Lion, and it has Applecare.

I'm in the UK, and any ideas on what to expect for it would be lovely :) thank you x

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Sell the SSD separately. Will yield more money that way. In general, upgrades never pay that well when selling.

3. lolsloth thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you very much, good idea. Would anyone recommend craigslist over ebay? I need it done quickly as well as safely though... so no one has any idea what kind of ball park I'm aiming for? I checked finished listings on ebay and frankly they were all over the shop. Is it really that much pot luck?

Dan x

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Craigslist is at least safer and can also be faster. I would try it first and then move to eBay if it's a no-go.

A refurb is £849 so I think it can go for £750-ish. Maybe even closer to £800 due to the RAM. The SSD should fetch £150-200.

5. lolsloth thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar ;) :apple: