Macbook Pro 13 - What else can they do to make it better next revision?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by urkel, Oct 29, 2010.

1. urkel macrumors 68030

This is just fun speculation (and prebuy talk), but what features can they add to make the Macbook Pro 13 any better? She's coming from the 08 Macbook Unibody which had all sorts of compromises but it seems like they got everything that was previously missing now.

10hr Battery Life (She used to get 3hrs)
    Backlit Keyboard (Previously missing)
    FW800 (Previously missing)
    SD Slot (Previously missing)
    Top notch screen (Old MB screens were a bit dim)
    Good Video Card (Old MB had a mediocre one)
    4GB Standard (4GB should be standard on ALL Premium Apple computers)
    Small size (despite what Air users claim about it being "too big")

The only thing I feel has room for improvement is the CPU (C2D is adequate but outdated), Bluray (probaby wont happen) and touchscreen (I don't buy Jobs dismissal of it. It's not REPLACING the trackpad, it's ADDING a new optional input method). But what else is there?

Just for fun then does anyone have ideas on whats missing because we're not in a rush and if the next MBP has a standout feature we'll gladly wait.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

None of us knows what Apple is planning for the next gen 13". Unless she is a power user, the C2D will be sufficient for her.

3. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

I'd say we can pretty much guarantee that at least one of the 13" MBP models will be getting the 1440x900 screen that is being used in the MacBook Air now.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if all the models got it to differentiate from the base MacBook.

4. Perdification macrumors regular

Screen resolution of 1440x900 is a given. Forget about blu-ray, usb 3.0 and lightpeak, they won't be coming in the next update, predicted to happen around Feb 2011. I personally think they could scrap the white MB.

5. HotPopsicle macrumors newbie

- A touch screen for a normal computer is a horrible idea. If you've ever used one you know how un-ergonomic they are and how your screen will be covered with fingerprints. It's REALLY uncomfortable to have to hold your arms up and point at the screen constantly.

- Higher res screen please!

- Same or better battery life in a smaller overall package (if possible), but don't go with the mini-SSD board like the new airs, keep the normal HD form factor and connector.

- i3 or i5 processor

- better video card

6. filfortugno macrumors regular

she?

who is she? are you referring to yourself in the third person??
    weird.

7. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Yeah, the OP's use of 'she' left me with questions, too.

8. Jayomat macrumors 6502a

Jayomat

I think it's pretty obvious who she is

9. urkel thread starter macrumors 68030

I do that with my iPad when it's on a dock. And on my Microwave, the ATM and I've used the poor implementation by HP. Again, putting in Touchscreen is in ADDITION to existing input methods. If you want to type, use a keyboard, if you want to click use a mouse and if you want to touch use your finger.

With all this talk of moving the simplicity of iOS to OSX then saying "The touchpad is the best touchscreen available for notebooks" is ridiculous. iPhoto fullscreen mode IS nice, but the ability to move, manipulate and create photo projects would be easier with the ability to touch the screen.

Apple already nailed multitouch so I wont make excuses for why they choose NOT to implement it yet throughout their entire product line.

10. urkel thread starter macrumors 68030

Ha. Sorry, "She" is the wife. I already have a MBP15 but "she" is the one interested in a new MBP13.