Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AtodaZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Hello,

I'm new at this forum. Have been reading for a while, but this is my first post.

I would like to ask a question. I have myself a unibody macbook 13'' and was searching for a unibody macbook pro 13'' because of the longer battery life.

On an auction site I've found a company that sells a unibody macbook pro 13'' with a TFT screen and a resolution of 1280 x 800.

Now I have searched on the internet, but I couldn't find anything about a TFT screen on a 13'' unibody.

My question is: what is the difference between a normal LED-screen and a TFT-screen. Should I go for it of is the quality much worse?

Thank you.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
My question is: what is the difference between a normal LED-screen and a TFT-screen. Should I go for it of is the quality much worse?

Thank you.

Light and water, or night and grass.

LED is the backlight, TFT is the actual display.

Longer version:
LED - Light Emitting Diode: It replaces what is called LCD in many modern displays, it illuminates the display from behind.

TFT - Thin Film Transistor: each pixel is re-presented by a transistor, thus the TFTs create the image, the LED just lights it up.

AtodaZ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
You are totally right!

Thank you for your answer and excuse me for this useless thread! @Mod, this one can be deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.