Macbook pro 13 wont start

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jemarr, Aug 5, 2016.

1. jemarr macrumors newbie

Hi friends
    My old macbook pro 13 won't start anymore and is not showing any sign of life what so ever.
    The problem accured one evening, when I on my vacation used the computer and battery was low. I therefore turned off the computer and started powering it up. The next morning though the computer was all dead. Neither the battery indikator or anything else is showing any life. Not even the light from the charger is showing (green/orange) when charging (i'm not sure but i might see a faint light from the charger when charging, but it's so faint that i'm not able to tell for sure).
    If I plug in my other working macbook pro the charger light ofcourse turns green. If I then immediatly switch the charger to my broken mac the charger light turns on and stays on for about one minut. It then turns off again and the computer stays all dead.

I've tried removing the battery, holding the powerbutton down and connecting the battery again .. with no luck.

Is there any adwise on how to get my mac up and running again.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

If your Mac has a non-removable battery:

1) Plug in the power cable
    2) On the left-hand side of your keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Shift at the same time as pressing down the power button
    3) Continue holding these keys down for about 3 seconds

If it's an older MacBook Pro with a removable battery (from your description I assume it is), you've tried what you should have. Take out power cable, remove battery, hold down power button for 5 seconds. You could also try running it without the battery and the power cable only.

3. jemarr thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried taking out the battery and so on .. but it didn't work..
    Also tried running it without the battery but also no luck :eek:(

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Sorry to hear that :( You can possibly try holding CMD+ALT+P+R down for about 30 seconds as soon as your press the power button, but I doubt that'll do the trick.

If the problem persists after leaving it charging, it sounds like it's given up the ghost. Is there an Apple Store local to you?

5. JTToft macrumors 68040

How does it look if you press the battery indicator light on the left side of the machine? Does it register a charge on the battery?

6. jemarr thread starter macrumors newbie

nope .. no light at all from the battery indicator on the side.

7. JTToft macrumors 68040

It's beginning to sound like your logic board has gone.
    But I suppose it's worth it to try to replace the MagSafe DC-in board just to see what that does.

8. jemarr thread starter macrumors newbie

that actually sounds like a good idea .. i'm gonna try that.

9. JTToft macrumors 68040