Macbook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xVeinx, Sep 23, 2013.

1. xVeinx macrumors 6502

Hi all,
    I have an option of getting a good deal on the Macbook Pro 13", new, but it's a one-off thing. Is this a decent choice since I don't expect the cMBP to see any updates in October (and they might just discontinue them)? I'm looking at either the 13" cMBP or MBA, with the former at well under $1000 from a reputable seller.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I would pay 850-900 for a brand new cMBP with 1 year warranty - if I just wanted a Mac but didnt need a power horse. Will be an excellent computer for many years. Can always stick a SSD in it.

3. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I went from a 2011 Macbook Pro base model to a 13 inch 2013 Macbook Air. I don't really notice any difference between the two models other than one is thinner and has much less HD space. The Air is 3 months old and the Pro is 1 year old.

I defiantly suggest the air but don't know if it's awesome because of the SSD drive or because it's 2 years newer.

1 Bad thing about the Air other then small HD is that it doesn't have a Ethernet port. I never had an issue with the wireless range but I have heard people with that issue.

4. xVeinx thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice! Went with the Macbook Pro.