Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joe1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Hi! I am an architect student (so i use programma like Autocad, Photoshop, Illustratore and 3d programms) and I am supposed to buy a new macbook pro 13'' but i am among the old and the new one. The only fear that i have for the new model is about the new touch bar.
What's your opinion?

Theophil1971

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2015
USA
Hi! I am an architect student (so i use programma like Autocad, Photoshop, Illustratore and 3d programms) and I am supposed to buy a new macbook pro 13'' but i am among the old and the new one. The only fear that i have for the new model is about the new touch bar.
What's your opinion?
What, exactly, do you fear about the touch-bar?
The 2016 13" model also comes in a version without the touch-bar, in case that fits your needs more.
I have the touch-bar version (13"), and don't find it scary at all.

Reactions: No. 44

Joe1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Because of programs that i mention , I use the "esc" button very much. So I am thinking if there are more possibilities to get stuck. Do you have anything like that happened? Do you suggest me to buy the new version?

Joe1991

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
Do you think that the new macbook pro 13'' can stand working on 3d programs and adobe programms ?

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Do you think that the new macbook pro 13'' can stand working on 3d programs and adobe programms ?
Yes, the new generation of Iris Pro graphics are more than up to the task. The graphic power is comparable to what was in the old surface book, 950m or something, when it comes to most benchmarks. It will be sufficient for what you need, and I can say that from my current daily experiences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.