MacBook Pro 13in. Charger

dachshund612

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
My magnetic MacBookPro 13in. charger makes a high-pitched melody-ish noise when plugged in. I bought this charger from the Apple Store several weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else heard this noise too? It does not bother me or have any errors, just a strange noise which to be honest, kind of creeps me out at times. Let me know if you have heard this too. Thanks! :)
-Abby

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
My magnetic MacBookPro 13in. charger makes a high-pitched melody-ish noise when plugged in. I bought this charger from the Apple Store several weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else heard this noise too? It does not bother me or have any errors, just a strange noise which to be honest, kind of creeps me out at times. Let me know if you have heard this too. Thanks! :)
-Abby
I have never heard of this noise.

Comment

GuitarG20

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2011
-Abby
does it sound like it's coming from the speakers, or is it a hardware-grinding-mechanical kind of sound? Also, is it coming from the computer area, or the "brick" part of the charger?

Comment

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
I know exactly what he's talking about. The charging brick on my old Black MacBook made an electrical type of whine when it was plugged in. It never bothered me too much, and so far it's been over 4 years and everything has been fine.

Comment

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Nope.
They all make that sound. If you are concerned though, I am sure you could get a new one.
I have never heard this sound from my 5 year old adapter. Either from the adapter itself or from the wire connected to the laptop. Even with the newer cable style since my "T" one frayed and was replaced.

Comment

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
I have never heard this sound from my 5 year old adapter. Either from the adapter itself or from the wire connected to the laptop. Even with the newer cable style since my "T" one frayed and was replaced.
really? I read a thread about this and several peoples did this.
Like I said, I am sure its fine but if it makes you nervous I am sure they will do a swap for you.

Comment