MacBook Pro 13in. Charger

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dachshund612, Jan 22, 2012.

1. dachshund612 macrumors newbie

My magnetic MacBookPro 13in. charger makes a high-pitched melody-ish noise when plugged in. I bought this charger from the Apple Store several weeks ago and was wondering if anyone else heard this noise too? It does not bother me or have any errors, just a strange noise which to be honest, kind of creeps me out at times. Let me know if you have heard this too. Thanks! :)
    -Abby

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I have never heard of this noise.

3. malman89 macrumors 68000

Sounds like an issue worth taking in and getting a replacement.

4. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

does it sound like it's coming from the speakers, or is it a hardware-grinding-mechanical kind of sound? Also, is it coming from the computer area, or the "brick" part of the charger?

5. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

I know exactly what he's talking about. The charging brick on my old Black MacBook made an electrical type of whine when it was plugged in. It never bothered me too much, and so far it's been over 4 years and everything has been fine.

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Nope.
    They all make that sound. If you are concerned though, I am sure you could get a new one.

7. malman89 macrumors 68000

I have never heard this sound from my 5 year old adapter. Either from the adapter itself or from the wire connected to the laptop. Even with the newer cable style since my "T" one frayed and was replaced.

8. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

really? I read a thread about this and several peoples did this.
    Like I said, I am sure its fine but if it makes you nervous I am sure they will do a swap for you.