MacBook Pro 13inch CS3?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KevinMaust, Sep 26, 2009.

1. KevinMaust macrumors newbie

Hello all, I am new to this forum and i was hoping you all could help me out here.

My girlfriend's birthday is next month and i want to get her one of the 13 inch MacBooks. She currently has one of the older G5 and does a lot of creative work and needs it to run CS3. Trying to find any insight to this matter.

2.26GHz
    2GB memory
    160 GB HD

2.53GHz
    4GB memory
    250 GB HD

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

I have the latter, which runs CS4 fine. The former should probably handle it fine too, but you might want to upgrade to 4 gigs of ram in either case.

if she's going to install CS3 I don't think you'll have problems as it will only work better than it did on her g5.

Let me add that this girl better know that she's lucky!

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

regardless of which model you choose make sure you upgrade to 4gig. So since the 2.26 only comes with 2gig, upgrade that puppy to 4gig.

4. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

I have the 2.53 and CS4 runs beautifully on it, although I can't see the 2.26 having any problems either.

5. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

The processor wont really matter. Max out the RAM to 4 Gigs. CS3 should work fine.

6. googdot macrumors regular

I run the full CS3 suite on my 2.0GHz mini with 4gb of RAM - runs plenty fast and no issues whatsoever. Either Macbook should be fine.

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

CS3 runs great on my 2.2GHz with 4GB ram.

Btw, after I've updated to 10.6 (and 10.6.1) I've had a few weird crashed which I never got back at 10.5.x.

I don't really wanna buy CS4, since CS5 is hopefully out soon.

Might just be me that has problems with Snow Leaopard and CS3 tho.

It's not very frequently, but I do have a crash once or twice a day, which i never had before I updated to SL.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only other comment I'd like to make is reference to the screen size. If you're not going to be using an external monitor, you may find the 13" screen a tad limiting with photoshop.

9. SDChargers macrumors newbie

I have a 2.26 uMBP, I have 4 GBs of RAM, and CS3 runs perfect on it. I have had no problems what so ever with it. I have also had no problems since upgrading to Snow Leopard. But I have only used CS3 a couple times since upgrading.

10. Dave351 macrumors newbie

Dave351

I have a ~2 year-old white MacBook 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo maxxed out at 2GB ram. I've been running CS3 since it was released, and as long as I limit myself to working with reasonable file sizes (usually <20GB in photoshop, <10GB in illustrator, etc) I seem to get pretty good performance.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend upgrading the ram to 4gig as mentioned above. However, if a ram upgrade is out of your budget right now, I think your MBP will still handle CS3 just fine until you can upgrade the ram.