MacBook Pro 13TB 2016 sound quality?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JackDaniels3, Nov 16, 2016.

1. JackDaniels3 macrumors member

2. PaulWog Suspended

I honestly already figured they were more decorative than anything. As in, not needed to achieve the sound or heat dissipation. I didn't realize they were 100% decorative though, I thought some sound or heat traveled through the grills to make use of them.

With that said, the sound quality on the new 13-inch is reported to be a significant step up from the previous model. There are videos on it already.

3. JackDaniels3 thread starter macrumors member

The problem is that most of the sound related comments/reviews that I saw, were for the non TB model, where the speakers are actually under the grills. So yes, the reviews for the sound of the non TB are very positive.
    But since the TB model is with completely different sound hardware setup, there will be difference. The questions is how much and for better or worse.

4. kadamian macrumors newbie

Apple site states that either model (TB and non-TB) has same "stereo speakers with high dynamic range". However i am still confused whether the speakers of the TB-versions are the same as non-TB version. The non-TB version teardown doesn't reveal or make definitive statement on actual speaker setup of the non-TB version

5. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Why?? if the sound is just as good and by all reports it is the best sound in a thin light 13 inch laptop that anyone has heard, why would it matter??

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

He's just one of many that are doing nothing but excessive whining. This crowd has been bringing this place down with nothing but negativity.

I wish MacRumors would crack down on this, but they won't, so the usefulness and attractiveness of this website is fading away.

8. th1nk macrumors member

and there are actually additional speakers which go through the front speaker grilles, so all is well. the article is wrong, it is even described in the ifixit teardown.

9. JackDaniels3 thread starter macrumors member

You're right. I was little worried that they may sound less good, but after I read more, I think it's safe to say that the setup is not so much different.