MacBook Pro 15' 2007 A1150 LCD issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zacadinhas, Feb 1, 2012.

1. zacadinhas, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

zacadinhas macrumors newbie

Hi! So the thing is, I have a MacBook Pro 2007 A1150 and I've broken the lcd. Luckly I had an old toshiba with a glossy 15.4' that has the same connection. I tried it and during the first bootscreen it looked awesome (appears the apple in the white screen) But in the second restart it shows the bootscreen divided by 4. [​IMG]

Then when it enters in Mac os X it looks like that:
    [​IMG]
    But when I try to change to some of the lowest resolutions the black column became thinner. So, knowing that, I guess it's possible to create a resolution that shows the screen perfectly with an unknown lcd to the MacBook Pro. (Like an app that let's me drag the corner of the desktop to the corner of the lcd ahaha)

But when I connect to my 24' LCD it does that:
    [​IMG]

I would give anything to fix that old MacBook Pro! Is there any driver or any app that can set it right. I mean, if the bootscreen runs perfectly, the OS should run it perfectly too. I don't want to use too much graphics, I just need to run Traktor... Props for the one who accepts this challange and sorry for my bad english.
    EDIT: I forgot to say that with the broken LCD it works right with the right resolution.

2. zacadinhas thread starter macrumors newbie

If anyone knows an app to zoom and stay zoomed every boot up like a launchdaemon please tell me! It could work...

3. zacadinhas, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

zacadinhas thread starter macrumors newbie

I also tried Switchresx and a method to force the resolution with com.apple.boot.plist but it failed.
    EDIT: Switchrex works but I'ts a guess to get it right. Is this anything about EDID?