Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iwantapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Hello
I bought a macbook pro 15.
The computer won't turn on. The charger led is a dim green.
The seller told me that placing a new battery will turn on the computer, but it will not charge the battery.
Can you please help me fixing it? I'm new in the apple mac repair world.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hello
I bought a macbook pro 15.
The computer won't turn on. The charger led is a dim green.
The seller told me that placing a new battery will turn on the computer, but it will not charge the battery.
Can you please help me fixing it? I'm new in the apple mac repair world.:eek:
Try resetting the SMC.

See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link.

Use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of your battery, temps, fan speeds and much more.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

This may help, if you haven't seen them already:

iwantapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
I did the smc reset, still the same dim green.
The reason I bought it is because I'm learning to repair mac.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I did the smc reset, still the same dim green.
The reason I bought it is because I'm learning to repair mac.
There are three major components of the charging system: the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the logic board. If you've eliminated the first two, you could be facing an expensive logic board replacement, unless it's something simple, like a loose connector. If you take it to Apple, they can diagnose the problem and give you a quote for repair costs, if any.

iwantapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
There are three major components of the charging system: the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the logic board. If you've eliminated the first two, you could be facing an expensive logic board replacement, unless it's something simple, like a loose connector. If you take it to Apple, they can diagnose the problem and give you a quote for repair costs, if any.

The Dc in board works, because I tested it in another computer. The battery is empty. I'm thinking that maybe a fuse is dead. Can anyone help me locate it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.