Macbook pro 15 2009 - won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iwantapple, Sep 12, 2012.

1. iwantapple, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012

iwantapple macrumors newbie

Hello
    I bought a macbook pro 15.
    The computer won't turn on. The charger led is a dim green.
    The seller told me that placing a new battery will turn on the computer, but it will not charge the battery.
    Can you please help me fixing it? I'm new in the apple mac repair world.:eek:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try resetting the SMC.

See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link.

Use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of your battery, temps, fan speeds and much more.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

This may help, if you haven't seen them already:

3. andymac2210 macrumors regular

Eh, sounds like you should of tried it before you bought it? :confused:

4. iwantapple thread starter macrumors newbie

I did the smc reset, still the same dim green.
    The reason I bought it is because I'm learning to repair mac.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are three major components of the charging system: the battery, the MagSafe adapter and the logic board. If you've eliminated the first two, you could be facing an expensive logic board replacement, unless it's something simple, like a loose connector. If you take it to Apple, they can diagnose the problem and give you a quote for repair costs, if any.

6. iwantapple thread starter macrumors newbie

The Dc in board works, because I tested it in another computer. The battery is empty. I'm thinking that maybe a fuse is dead. Can anyone help me locate it?