Macbook Pro 15" 2011 Keyboard Backlight issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shansoft, May 23, 2011.

1. shansoft macrumors 6502

I was in a lab writing programs couple days ago.

The program we wrote in the lab kind of stress out the MBP hard and caused a overheat shutdown.

After the first shutdown, I turn it back up, the keyboard backlight starting to blink for couple second, which I wasn't really paying much attention to it since it stopped.

On the second time it crash due to overheat again (Tried to optimize the thread, but still used too much CPU process), the keyboard backlight stop functioning. I thought it was due to the light sense, but I was in a dark room and with the sensor turned off. Find it quite odd at that moment.

Since I don't want to wait for reformat testing, I decided to put back the original HDD that came with the laptop instead. I find out the backlight plug on the logic board came off for some odd reason(the conductor seems broken), which I have never touch it since purchased brand new.

I am not quite sure how exactly the plug/conductor comes off in first place, since I have never touch that part before. I have only replaced the HDD with SSD and upgraded the RAM to 8GB, nothing more.

So I am wondering if Apple will take care of this issue immediately, since I need the laptop with backlight in the laboratory, and I must keep the display screen on low brightness.

The closest Apple store from where I am is in Sacramento, Arden Fair Mall.

PS: Don't ask me why I must use it in the dark or tell me to use the lamp. (Can't tell much about it)

2. macman312 macrumors 6502

SHOULD be (not IS) covered under warranty but call first