Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
According to 9to5Mac this is the LEAKED Mac Book Pro (2012) spec. Not sure how true this is. I thought I share with you all.

Mac Book Pro (2012)

No.

Get a MacBook Pro.

Trust me when I say I know the greatest creative minds in the world use Macs and get the job done.

Essentially your Alienware will do the same job...but at a cost that you've listed.

By the way, why so many different editing applications? Just stick with one.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
I've never seen a good DJ use anything other than a MacBook Pro. If that's what you're into, get the Mac. Since you're not into gaming, don't get the Alienware. Plus, with an Alienware you look like a goof. With a 15" MacBook Pro you look like an intelligent, hip (not necessarily hipster) person. Of course, I'm biased.

Mac-Tech

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto, ON
Macbook Pro 2012 SPECS!!!!

-15.4", 2.3Ghz processor, 8GB RAM, GT 650M 1GB, 256GB flash... $2199
-Fastest quad-core processors onboard, up to 2.7Ghz
-Mountain Lion! OSX
-Ports: SD slot, HDMI, USB3 USB2 combo ports on one side
-MagSafe 2, two Thunderbolt ports, another USB3/2, and headphone jack on other side
-Up to 7 hours of battery, 30 days of standby
-Facetime HD camera, DUAL Mics
-GT 650M with 1GB of VRAM
-Up to 16GB of 1600Mhz RAM

I am going with the NEW MAC BOOK PRO 2012!!!!

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Macbook Pro 2012 SPECS!!!!

-15.4", 2.3Ghz processor, 8GB RAM, GT 650M 1GB, 256GB flash... $2199
-Fastest quad-core processors onboard, up to 2.7Ghz
-Mountain Lion! OSX
-Ports: SD slot, HDMI, USB3 USB2 combo ports on one side
-MagSafe 2, two Thunderbolt ports, another USB3/2, and headphone jack on other side
-Up to 7 hours of battery, 30 days of standby
-Facetime HD camera, DUAL Mics
-GT 650M with 1GB of VRAM
-Up to 16GB of 1600Mhz RAM

I am going with the NEW MAC BOOK PRO 2012!!!!
And when Haswell comes out, that machine will be out of date :p

Enjoy your machine though dude :)

gintopault

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
Macbook Pro 15' (2012) vs Alienware MX17 R4 (2012) Reply to Thread

Hi,
I am using Alienware M 17X R4. It is solid, stylish and it is very powerful for gaming. So i'm suggesting Alienware.:)

ksandr

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
I think both Macbook and Alienware should work well for you. But if you prefer Windows, I'd say you'd better go with Alienware. And if you need a brand-named computer - of course, Mac! And, IMHO, Mac looks better.

By the way, I'm also looking for a powerful laptop. The only product of Apple I have now is iPad 3. I like the design very much, but other than that it's been a disappointment. (I'm more than a user; I am a computer programmer and my iPad is jailbroken!) So, I'm thinking of buying the both. Then once I decide which is worse for me I will give that one as a gift to someone.

Well, I have also googled out this at Yahoo Answers:
Alienware will be louder because of fans but the macbook will get hotter because it doesnt use a fan. As for the rest of the questions, it depends on your configurations but they will be mostly the same.

And also, if you need the "desktop" diagonal you must choose the Alienware because Macboo Pro has only 15.4-inch display.

Last edited:

LS3 Machine

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
Another option

You could do a think pad W530. Rugged, fast, reliable. Better graphics than a MacBook Pro as well. I would get it with win 7. Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide.

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
According to 9to5Mac this is the LEAKED Mac Book Pro (2012) spec. Not sure how true this is. I thought I share with you all.

Mac Book Pro (2012)

Lol fake!, 15 in with 13 in retina resolution..it used nvidia not amd radeon. Fail

Olivier Marot

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
MAc Book Pro or Alienware Px17

Hello,

I've got both a mac pro very good
and the PX17 toooo ! i've got too 5 computer in studio too
and I'm University professor with 12 Mac and 12 Pc in the classroom...
with 24 differents and sometime same problems !
When hard drive crash, it's the same shiiit on Mac or Pc !
You need to protect your data !!
What virus ??? wich Virus ? With a free Avast = no problem on both platteforms.
And ...Use CCleaner a lot !!!
end of discussion for that !

2 jobs very close to work
but 2 plattforms differents

I speak as Pro :
Musical industry : Cubase Nuendo Pro Tools plugins Melodyne etc...
very good on both but more nice price on Pc and various
Editing Pict and Video : Vegas to Adobe and plugs etc ...
same remark

But a bit more efficience work on Pc in Music, but miss some plugs I like
and miss plugs different on Mac ... sooo ...

So when people don't have so much money they stay with Pc
and if you got a bit more budget (maybe 2x...) because programs and options are more expansive on Mac...
I like thunderbolt capacity but i've not periph with so... end.

I say it's not available to work in picts or video editing and maybe with music editor programs on 15'' with more up to HD 1920p
because one simple thing : it's too much little !!!!!

A 17" screen is the minmum to work !!!

So finaly : if you use program and stuff on Pc take the Px17
if you use mac program like Logic stay on Mac

But remember on Cubase Nuendo etc ... the working is more efficience and open creative mind and more tracks on Px17
Adobe is a bit more best on Mac
If you like Logic and Final Cut : stay on Mac, you've got not choice
Cubase ProTools Nuendo and sooo good Vegas, same performing but with Pc ...nice Price ...

But the Px17 is very robust and a bit heavy and protected material I like that !!!
After 1 year my Mac is so fragile and a little broken every where... Soo pity !
So good to see clearly everytime with underlight clavier with mouse working on the table of Px17 and no used by !!! Good on Px17 !

so what you choose : is good !!! the programs you use is the start ...
And stop broken a Mac or Px17 : it's work so gooood for both of them

Just a matter of Experiences and open minding !!!!

OM

Musician, Sound and AV Engineer, Productor, Professor, School director...

Goldx

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
The Big Question Mac or Alienware for Vjing

The Mac is a great machine. Many of my friends swear by it. But I went :eek: Alienware 17 yes and don't regret it a bit. Yes it's a beast but the real estate is great 17 inches of cool Alien lighting effects plus graphic power second to nobody. the Nvidia 860m with 2 gigs of GDDR5 is plenty for DJing and especially VJing I'm using a pioneer DDJ-SX2 AND IT'S BEEN FLAWLESS HDMI output for your videos without jittering, skipping, or freezing. Images are beautifull and will easily scale to i1080. As most know Alienware is upgradable. Some will say its a Dell so its crap. Well surprise all PCs and laptops us similar vendors for parts in some cases the same. Whether you buy A OR B buy a extended warranty they all crapout. If you don't mine a bigger laptop to work with then Alienware 17 is your man.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
The Mac is a great machine. Many of my friends swear by it. But I went :eek: Alienware 17 yes and don't regret it a bit. Yes it's a beast but the real estate is great 17 inches of cool Alien lighting effects plus graphic power second to nobody. the Nvidia 860m with 2 gigs of GDDR5 is plenty for DJing and especially VJing I'm using a pioneer DDJ-SX2 AND IT'S BEEN FLAWLESS HDMI output for your videos without jittering, skipping, or freezing. Images are beautifull and will easily scale to i1080. As most know Alienware is upgradable. Some will say its a Dell so its crap. Well surprise all PCs and laptops us similar vendors for parts in some cases the same. Whether you buy A OR B buy a extended warranty they all crapout. If you don't mine a bigger laptop to work with then Alienware 17 is your man.

Mother of thread resurrection...you resurrected this 2-year old thread so that you could just post this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.