MacBook Pro 15" 2015: Bluetooth issues while using wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by melllvar, Jul 5, 2015.

1. melllvar macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I purchased the new MBP 2015 15" and am using a magic mouse with it. Everytime I use the Wifi (actively transfering data) my magic mouse stutters and or disconnects completely.

I uses this exact same mouse with a MacBook Air in the exact same setting without problems. I also tried a second magic mouse and experienced the same issues. So I guess the problem should be the MacBook Pro.

Does anyone else experience this kind of issue? What can I do?

Thanks!

2. sta5is macrumors newbie

i had the same issue with a microsoft bluetooth designer mouse. i paired it with mbp 2015 13inch and there is obvious lag and jittery mouse movement

3. stanft macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I had exactly the same issue with my MBP 2015 15". During heavy usage of Wifi my magic mouse keeps disconnecting. I have solved the problem by switching from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz Wifi. But of course this is depending on your personal Wifi infrastructure because you need to have a 5 GHz Wifi at hand.

In fact, this seems to be a common problem because I have found quite some posts on this. I wonder if Apple knows this problem and is working on a solution?!

Regards,
    Stephan

4. bryanwongxin macrumors member

I have the same problem like your rMBP,but mine is MBA.
    According to Genius Bar's word, there is something wrong with my MBA's bluetooth/wifi module.

5. melllvar thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting, thanks for your posts. My MBA was using the 2.4 GHZ network without problems.
    I already talked to Apple and the guy didn't know anything about this issue. Is this an issue with all the 2015 MBPs or is our bluetooth/wifi chip faulty?

6. stanft macrumors member

And did they exchange your logic board or similar?

7. stanft macrumors member

Something interesting I found: In another forum somebody suggested to switch to a lower channel for the 2.4 GHz Wifi connection (i.e. channel 1-3). This has fixed the issue for some of them. Maybe worth a try...

8. bryanwongxin macrumors member

No, because my warranty is out of date otherwise they can change it for me...

9. melllvar thread starter macrumors regular

That doesn't have any effect on my machine. Unfortunately

10. melllvar thread starter macrumors regular

Is there any news on this issue?

It hasn't gotten any better here. Using a 2.4 GHZ network and bluetooth at the same time is impossible.
    As soon as I switch to 5GHZ it works without problems.. The Issue prevails in bootcamp under windows. It doesn't seem to be a OS X issue..