Macbook pro 15 2018 trackpad not always working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eeden, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Eeden, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018

Eeden macrumors member

Hi all,

Just got my 15 inch macbook pro and its a blast! Fantastic machine overall and a pleasure to work with. One thing that I notice frequently after 24 hours of use: the zoom gesture on the trackpad is sometimes unresponsive. When I visit webpages and try to zoom on text a lot of times I have to make the gesture multiple times in order to zoom.

Can this be a setting? Something to do with me needing to get used to the large trackpad? I cannot imagine a defect as most of the gestures seem to be working just fine.

2. Eeden thread starter macrumors member

I'm now starting to think I have a defective trackpad. When I try gestures multiple times, sometimes they fail. Gonna call Apple tomorrow and ask for a return.

What I still don't get is if the unit is defective, why is t working 70% of the time

Is there anyone who can advise?

Appreciate it!

3. stevemiller macrumors 68000

curious if other people are still encountering this issue. mine is now frequently losing the ability to pinch to zoom and can only be fixed by logging out and back in.

4. fokmik macrumors 68040

So its software
    Try install mojave

5. stevemiller macrumors 68000

6. 8SlaiN8 macrumors member

8SlaiN8

try also using gestures in different software, also I might suggest to you to download the utility to test multitouch (see actual touches of trackpad on screen) but since I never had that issues can't tell you the name but I'm pretty sure there should be one or two of them