Macbook PRO 15" 330m - was there a new revision? When?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MuaMua, Mar 15, 2017.

1. MuaMua macrumors newbie

MuaMua

Hi!

I want to ask if there was new revision (without faulty 330M) and how can i check if it is new revision of Macbook PRO 15" mid-2010. My friend is selling that I want to buy but i dont wanna a faulty one. I have serial number.

cheers!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

There weren't any different revisions in the sense that some GPUs failed and they fixed the issue later on.

What I can advise is that it's mostly a bad idea buying tech that old, especially when there's a dGPU. Historically the failure rate for dGPUs in laptops are considerably higher than iGPU only.

Also the computer really isn't that powerful any more. Even the top BTO 2.8GHz i7 in that 15" Mid-2010 has less power than the lowest Core M in the current Retina MacBook. Same story for the graphics.

Literally any brand-new Mac would offer better hardware performance in every aspect (quicker I/O, RAM, CPU, GPU) than that machine. You'd be better off buying new or refurb.

3. MuaMua thread starter macrumors newbie

MuaMua

I know but new one is too expensive for me. What do you think about Air 2012 or 2013? It will be better than that 2010 Pro?

I dont need high perfomarnce - Now i'm running at A1342 320M 4GB RAM SSD and it is OK, but i have some technical problem with that and maybe i Will have to change it.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

2013 would be much better for longevity and hopefully you can find one at a reasonable price. It had a huge update over the 2012. I think that would be the best price/performance option for you. :)

5. MuaMua thread starter macrumors newbie

MuaMua

6. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

£400 would be a great deal for the 13" but £500 is pretty consistent on the used market for a Grade A/seller refurb. They're great machines.