MacBook Pro 15 and AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by al404, Aug 4, 2017.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

just got a MacBook Pro 15 late 2016 and AppleCare is so expensive on this mac. In my country is about 350€ probably a littler bit less on amazon.

Not really sure if I should do it or not. As far as I know the worst scenario fixing the logic board should cost around 600€.

The othe thing that concern me is the amoled display of touchbar. Amoled display suffers off degradation and persistency issue and this in the first model to has it so we don't really have a long term test.

Some years ago was possible to find very cheap AppleCare key on eBay but it seems is no more the case.

2. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

In many countries, AppleCare is completely unnecessary because you'd be covered by law well beyond the warranty period for the kind of faults you've mentioned. Check out your local consumer laws before spending the money.

3. caspergirl macrumors regular

Buy it from another European country. It will work perfectly

4. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

I'm from Italy for consumer that doesn't require invoice we have 2 years warranty
    if you ask for an invoice with VAT id, like me, since it is suppose that is for business and it will be heavily used the warranty decade to 1 year

AppleCare will give me the warranty for 2 extra years