Macbook Pro 15" battery help MA348LL/A

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aman3175, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Aman3175 macrumors newbie

I've been looking for this battery for quite some time and I'm still unsure where to buy it. Everywhere I look I see bad reviews on the battery. If anyone can recommend a good place to buy this battery it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

2. Aman3175 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there a site where I can buy it for cheaper than 120. I'm on a budget and I am willing to spend 60-80 on it. Anyone know of any trusted online battery stores where i can buy it from?

3. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    cough up for the genuine article from Apple - anything else is a compromise and a waste of $.

trust me - past experience. ;)

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust any battery that didn't come from Apple.

5. Parsec macrumors member

I considered a third party battery too. After I read so many negative comments as well, I just opted to buy an original. My last one has lasted over 400 cycles, while Apple only guarantees 300 and it had never let me down, no overheat, no warping of the pack. So, I can't say from experience that you shouldn't buy the fake one, but I would recommend you that you don't.

Sometimes taking the seemingly 'cheap' path turns out to be more expensive than doing it right the first time. I've had that happen so many times that these days I opt for the second option whenever I can.

Hope this helps.

6. nfable macrumors regular

nfable

Don't know your model #

Here's a replacement from OWC for
    MacBook Pro 4,1 / 3,1 / 2,2 and 1,1...

$99
    Replacement for pre-unibody MBP

They also have for 17".

I just got one for a MBP 2,2 ; had to condition (deplete totally and charge til green and + about 6 hours to fully charge). Working fine. OWC is the place for me for almost anything Mac.

7. Aman3175 thread starter macrumors newbie

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm leaning toward the original apple battery so I'd probably have to wait to make the purchase. So thanks everyone for your quick responses and feel free to add to the post.