macbook pro 15'' GLOSSY VS. matte - sorry again...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aoaaron, Mar 4, 2011.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a MBP 15'' 2.2ghz model.

however im torn between glossy hi res and AG hi-res

the laptop will be 95% of the time in a light controlled environment. that 5% of the time it'll be on the train.

i was leaning towards AG heavily but the lack of a black bezel is really dissapointing for me because i really don't like the silver bezel at all.

so can anyone give me any help? a friend of mine said to buy an AG film IF i don't like the gloss. I've used his laptop in his room and apart from when the screen displays blacks, it looks BEAUTIFUL to be honest. I'm currently typing from a matte 24'' display in my room though which I've enjoyed for quite a while. :|

2. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

go to your local apple / best buy / retailer and do a side by side comparison yourself.

i personally like glossy

3. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

You sound so conflicted that you will not be happy whatever you do.

Maybe a Windows machine will serve you better.

4. syan48306 macrumors 6502a

syan48306

I second that. Go to the store and just look at it yourself.

Personally, I've owned two 15 inch MBP's and they were both glossy. I remember the days when I had a 13 inch blackbook and it was matte and holy crap were the colors washed out. Even at the store, the new 15 inch Anti Glare screens look washed out :/

Some argue that the AG will save you battery power since you don't have to turn up the brightness as much outside. To me, and probably to you as well, the argument is moot as i mainly use mine indoors.

The glare is almost negligible. The ONLY gripe I have about the glossy is that it collects dust and fingerprints like a mofo when compared to the AG. For that, I've got a trusty microfiber cloth and cleaner fluid ;)