Macbook Pro 15" Hard Case and Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sultansaadat, Feb 2, 2011.

1. sultansaadat, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

sultansaadat macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro 15" core i5 version, I'm worried that i might get some scratches on the aluminum body. I don't want to buy a sleeve because my mac is functional all the time and I don't turn it off due to my work needs(freelancer).
    The hard cases available by speck, are they a good option or do they heat up the macbook pro? Need good advice so that i can protect my macbook pro from scratches.

2. sazza85 macrumors member

my first mbp, had it a few days and got a dent in it, i cried.

I ran to the apple store (well, drove!) and got a speck seethru hardcase, now i'm speck speck speck speck mad!

I love the cases, for me, they make no difference in the heat and how it's distributed. They will scratch but i would rather have a case be scratched than my mbp being scratched.

MBP = Speck case
    iPhone = Speck case

Get one, if you don't like it, return it, simple :) and you can do this through apple cause I did it today :)

3. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

There is an alternate solution, Zagg InvisibleShield

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Why do people worry about scratches? I mean aluminum doesn't scratch that much unless you place it on something sharp. I've had my Powerbook for years and not one scratch. That's because when I take it out of my sleeve I lay it on top of it or on a clean surface. Occasionally I will wipe it down. The same goes with my Macbook Pro. No scratches. In fact, when I take it to the Genius Bar, they are surprised because my MBP is 2008 model.

Just buy a sleeve. I got the Tucano sleeve because it has a protective cover so that the zipper doesn't hit the Mac.

http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=tucano+second+skin