Macbook Pro 15 High Res

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by richiejenkins, Jul 5, 2010.

1. richiejenkins macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy a Macbook Pro 15, the only problem I have is deciding on the screen resolution. I am unable to go look at one in store as the closest store is over 2 hours away.

I am just wondering if it is possible to return a macbook pro high res if I am unable to read the text on the screen.

2. Baral macrumors member

You can return it within 14 days of receiving it, but if it is opened (which it obviously will be since you need to play around with it to see if you like it) you must pay a 10% restocking fee.

But believe me, you won't regret the hi-res and will have no reason to return it. :)

3. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

I have absolutely no regrets of going with the high res. Get the AG though. I do regret getting glossy sometimes.

4. Sbowen67 macrumors newbie

LOVE my Matte Hi-Res screen! Wife has matte standard res, so I see both every day! I definitely Would not go back to standard res.

5. Baral macrumors member

Matte standard res? On the new Macbook Pros? Are you sure about that? ;/

6. modulationz macrumors newbie

Is this true? I thought that you could not return "custom" configured laptops.

7. Baral macrumors member

Sure you can.

What you CAN'T return are custom engraved products.

8. uga2014 macrumors newbie

yeah go hi res...i love mine and haven't had any problems or complaints with it.

9. Spartan-117 macrumors newbie

Spartan-117

High res glossy all the way ^^ had a look at the AG option but the silver border just makes the laptop look tacky and weaker and more prone to damage compared with the glossy. :)

If text seems too small you can always increase the font size, not had to do this since having my macbook pro 15" yet ^^

10. richiejenkins thread starter macrumors newbie

Would someone be kind enough to post a photo of the engadget website or somthing. I would love to see how it looks text wise.

Thanks

11. myke323 macrumors regular

^^ problem with a screenshot is it's impossible to see what it truely looks like. when you view the image on a different screen size/resolution it won't be accurate.

12. richiejenkins thread starter macrumors newbie

I was meaning a Photo from a camera.

13. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Here's a screenshot of my high-res i7. View this image full-screen on a friend's laptop with a 15" screen - either Mac or PC. It should give you a good approximation of text size... better than a picture from a camera since you're actually seeing it in person. I am using Safari's default text size.

To be honest, I actually wish it was higher resolution at times. Some PC laptops have 1920x1200 or 1080p.

14. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

15. richiejenkins thread starter macrumors newbie