macbook pro 15" how it handle vibrations from stereo speakers or other things?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by abley22, Jan 7, 2014.

1. abley22 macrumors member

Feb 17, 2013

I have a macbook pro 15" late 2013 and i wonder how it like vibrations?

In my room i have 2x cerwin vega 12" front speakers and a 12" subwoofer.
    When i see movies or listen to music at high volume its like an earthquake inside my rom and i feel the macbook vibrates when it stands on my table.

Its also often that somebody bump into the table where the macbook stands so it also get a little stuck/vibrations from the table it stands on.

Could this be a problem in the future or could i use it to play high music from spotify and use it to play movies on my big stereo system?

I don't know how the small parts inside can handle this over time, but i have reed that the ssd handle it lot better than the old disk, but what about the other components inside?
  2. snaky69 macrumors 603

Mar 14, 2008
    The only moving part likely to get affected by vibration is the mechanical hard drive. A SSD has no moving parts thus is unnafected by vibration or shocks.
  3. tmoerel macrumors 6502

Jan 24, 2008
    I would be much more worried about hearing damage than about computer damage in your case!!
  4. GSPice macrumors 68000

Nov 24, 2008
    Don't worry about it.

Only on mythbusters would they be able to figure out how to disassemble a rMBP using only speakers.
  5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

Dec 5, 2009
    There isn't even any glass. I guess you might need some might powerful sonic waves to cause any damage at the right frequency.
  6. sunnyj macrumors 6502

Oct 18, 2010
    Vancouver, British Columbia
  7. VI™ macrumors 6502a

Aug 27, 2010
    Shepherdsturd, WV
    I know in the older ones with the mechanical HDDs that vibration would cause the safety feature that stops the drive in case of fall/etc... to shut off. How? Well trying to record in a sound proof roof with the computer in the room itself won't let you accomplish much when your HDD keeps shutting off and stopping Logic from recording. :cool: