Macbook Pro 15-inch 2.33 GHz Upper Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mthao00, Oct 26, 2007.

1. mthao00 macrumors member

I need one bad. Upon installing 10.5, I purchased and installed a new Hitachi HD. Unfortunately, during the disassembly, I accidently forgot to take out the screws (two) by the battery springs (they're attached to the upper case). I was wondering why it was so difficult to take off the upper casing. I've done it before but it's been a while.

So I forced the upper casing opening and noticed the screws afterwards. Totally dumb. Well, the HD is installed and Leopard is running great but there is a slight crease between the left part of the upper casing and the bottom casing. It looks like a busted lip. haha... I'm not too concerned but if I can find a upper casing, I'll be willing to swap it out. BTW, the aluminum holding and clip between the upper and lower casing is now useless (bent).

I know, I'm stupid and should of double checked all screws. No harsh words... As stated before, I've done the HD replacement many times... just was too anxious for Leopard. Stupid...

Here are some pictures...

mT :apple:

Attached Files:

2. outz macrumors 6502

I did the EXACT same thing the other week when installing a new 7200 rpm hdd. I felt like such an idiot. I can't believe I forgot those same two screws. I priced out the upper casing/palm rest - looks to be around $200+

If you find cheaper or any other info please let me know.

3. mthao00 thread starter macrumors member

I guess no one knows where I can purchase an upper case. ifixit.com doesn't have any, at least online. I'll call tomorrow.

I'll see if I can get it fixed with a local Apple authorized repair tech. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Everything works fine. I just hate seeing that small gap there. BTW, Leopard is awesome.

mT :apple:

4. Chezwit macrumors newbie

upper case

i did the same thing only i have broken the welds that hold it together.
    any luck finding the upper case ?
    please forward any information please

5. crzdmniac macrumors regular

Powerbookmedic.com has them..... $229... ouch.. I ALMOST did the same thing when I swapped mine out this last time, I totally forgot about those screws, but for some reason I went back through and double checked.

6. outz macrumors 6502

i called a local mac store (not apple branded) and they said $150 for the top case... not bad, so I had them order one.