Macbook Pro 15 inch 750M model battery advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by docbot, Feb 19, 2014.

1. docbot macrumors newbie

I bought the top of the line Macbook Pro and had to send the first one back, because the battery only lasted for about 2 hours.

The new one lasts for about max. 6 hours if I only surf the web, have brightness at 50% and only use the internal graphics card (thx to gfxcardstatus).

I know this should be about 8 hours and not 6, would you guys exchange it again or will the new one have the same battery range as well anyway.

don't really know what to do, don't want to keep exchanging, but on the other hand I paid 3000 euros for this machine and it should work as expected?

thanks for your advice

2. bradleyjx macrumors member

When you say you are surfing, are you doing anything in flash? (youtube, especially) You'll get a minor battery life hit there.

Realistically, I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as the battery itself looks like it's working fine. (it's not cutting out while still saying it has a charge, or the percentage is dropping suddenly) The machine I've had for the past 2+ years had a quoted battery life of 7 hrs, but I don't think I've ever broken five on it with a single charge. Two hours is definitely indicative of something more, but six just seems like it was being used a decent amount over that period.

3. thetman macrumors member

What browser are you using? Safari is far superior to Chrome in regards to battery drain.

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Try downloading coconutBattery and see what is your current capacity.

If you use Chrome for web browsing, I'm not surprised it drains so fast. Chrome is a resource hog.

I always use Safari, and only use Firefox if a site doesn't display properly. Safari doesn't display HTML5 sites properly sometimes.

5. blooperz macrumors 6502

Fixed ;)