macbook pro 15 inch biggest competitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ipaqman, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey all,

so i was just curious. what is the MBP 15 inch biggest competitor?

ipaqman

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

3. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

no i was talking about what does the 15 inch MBP compete against other than apple products.

4. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

LOL!!!!

Okay really, nothing even compares to it. :)

5. thebrain74 macrumors regular

Someguy...that was pretty brilliant.

Competes with MBP? Umm maybe one of the nicer vaio's, but IMHO even those dont. At my mall there is an Apple store directly accross from a Sony one, and if you look at MBP's that svelte all the way around (bottom too), they have a real trackpad (nice and big) and most importantly theyre NOT made from plastic. Everything I saw in the sony store was encased in crappy plastic. meh

MBP FTW

6. thekiller macrumors member

7. Spoony Bard macrumors regular

Generally, this is not the place to be asking that question if you want an unbiased answer. ^^;

8. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

It's not an easy question to answer.

Specification wise comparisons tend to be hard to do as there are a number of features that are never the same between vendors, ASUS and Lenovo (thinkpads, formerly IBM) tend to offer similar specced machines in regards to processor, GPU and screen size, though Lenovo's comprable GPUs tend to be of the mobile workstation class. Aesthetically, there aren't really any machines that match it to my knowledge. Of course if the buyer wants OSX (legally and supported), mobility and features that macbooks don't have then there is no competition.