Macbook Pro 15 inch case recommendation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Catcher, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Catcher macrumors regular

Hi, Could someone recommend me a case, not a close fitting one like the Speck Satin ones, but still one that opens with the Macbook. Something like the BookBook case (which I don't like).

Hope that is clear. I don't want a sleeve. Something that protects both the lid and bottom but opens up.

2. Catcher thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, like that. Thanks for the recommendation. I would prefer not to have leather though and not keen on the way it comes up on the keyboard either.

3. Catcher thread starter macrumors regular

4. Serban Suspended

scratches the Macbook? please tell me so, because i want to buy for my macbook air 13" in a few weeks i supose. Are you sure all of them, or was just issue with yours?

5. rtkane macrumors regular

rtkane

How about a Speck shell?

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

I'm actually looking for the same thing as you...something that will stay on when opened. Bought one of the BookBook cases and returned it as soon as it got here. I know a lot of people like them, but man was it ugly! (at least in my opinion!)

6. Catcher thread starter macrumors regular

It's a fairly well known issue. The case doesn't scratch the Macbook but dust gets trapped inside the case and over time can scratch the body of the Macbook. I only ever use my Macbook inside, either on the bed or a table but an insane amount of debris ends up inside the shell. I think you'll be ok if you make sure to clean the inside of it on a regular basis.