macbook pro 15 inch i7 2.3 ghz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flimzy, Jul 12, 2014.

1. flimzy macrumors regular

Hi guys, i made a post earlier, but i got the computer specs wrong. I bought this macbook pro 15 inch i7 2.3 ghz for college in a few months. I wanted to also play a few games on it, (call of duty modern warfare 2, Left for Dead, ect..) My dad saw me installing steam, and he got upset, saying that he doesn't want my mac to be screwed up for college. He reminded me that I will be needing to store all my projects and info on this mac, and if it gets damaged that is a lot of money that will be wasted, and time. He doesn't think I should play games on here, because he is worried it could possibly do something to the computer before college rolls around. Do you guys think this would be an issue? should i still install them?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It won't be an issue, because the rMBP is designed to withstand tasks heavier than this.

Like mine for instance, I do heavy 4K video editing on it, and it handles it just fine.

I play BF4 on it, 1680x1050, mix of high and ultra, 16xAF, FXAA and get around 47-50 fps on average, 35 fps being the lowest and going past 60 fps in a lot of situations. The fans will spin up, but it performs flawlessly.

3. Freyqq macrumors 68040

If a $2600 computer couldn't handle running a video game, it would not be worth purchasing. Modern Macs are well made and reliable. Use it to run whatever you want.