Macbook pro 15 inch Mid 2010 restart randomly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by odellwadee86, Oct 22, 2013.

1. odellwadee86 macrumors newbie

Oct 22, 2013
    Hello people,

Im pretty new to forums. I have had my macbook pro for about 3 years now been running smooth until this time last year it started to crash and restart itself. I have been able to put up with it as it only did this when i was running big files on photoshop or final cut. It cuts to an all grey screen with

"your computer restarted because of a problem. press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up"

Im running osx 10.8.5

Now i am free lancing and doing photography work i cant have my computer restarting itself intermittently. Now my computer is restarting 3 -6 times in a row then will be fine for a few days. It doesnt matter if im just running an internet explorer or just checking chrome.

I have recently been taking crash reports which are a mine field of numbers to me. I can post if this will help.

Attached Files:

2. Creep89 macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2012
  3. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2011
    How old is it? If it is under 3 years take it to an apple store
    Print this out and take it with out. They will run a diagnosetool and if it really is this problem (and the device is under 3 years) they will fix it for free. And don't wait, it is getting worse (had the same thing)

Even if your device is older than 3 years, take it in, there is a small chance they repair it for free. And take a look here