MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012) Price

allistera

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Hi Guys!

I am looking for a realistic price of what I could get for my Macbook selling it on gumtree/ebay.

The specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012)
  • Apple care until August 12, 2015
  • Core i7" 2.6ghz
  • 16GB RAM
  • 256GB SSD
Good condition.

Looking to upgrade to a new 13inch Retina Macbook pro as this one is to big for me.

Price is in UK £ :)

Thanks!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi Guys!

I am looking for a realistic price of what I could get for my Macbook selling it on gumtree/ebay.

The specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012)
  • Apple care until August 12, 2015
  • Core i7" 2.6ghz
  • 16GB RAM
  • 256GB SSD
Good condition.

Looking to upgrade to a new 13inch Retina Macbook pro as this one is to big for me.

Price is in UK £ :)

Thanks!
£900 at a push, more than likely £850. I appreciate you've likely spent a lot of money on it, though the prices for SSDs are much cheaper now. It's got a good processor though.

Reasoning:

- 2012 rMBPs are going for ~£1000, better screen & similar specs, albeit documented GPU issues
- Recent 15" rMBP refresh & likely another refresh later this year will push the price of older machines down
- Warranty shortly to expire

However if you have a student discount that sort of price should cover the cost of a new 13" rMBP.

If you're selling on Gumtree, please remember:

- NEVER ship. Ever. Always get them to collect. Always meet them personally.
- NEVER use PayPal.
- Triple-check the cash when they give you it. Make sure it's not fake.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry if the price seems a little low, I genuinely think that's reasonably what you could expect to get from it.

allistera

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
£900 at a push, more than likely £850. I appreciate you've likely spent a lot of money on it, though the prices for SSDs are much cheaper now. It's got a good processor though.

Reasoning:

- 2012 rMBPs are going for ~£1000, better screen & similar specs, albeit documented GPU issues
- Recent 15" rMBP refresh & likely another refresh later this year will push the price of older machines down
- Warranty shortly to expire

However if you have a student discount that sort of price should cover the cost of a new 13" rMBP.

If you're selling on Gumtree, please remember:

- NEVER ship. Ever. Always get them to collect. Always meet them personally.
- NEVER use PayPal.
- Triple-check the cash when they give you it. Make sure it's not fake.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry if the price seems a little low, I genuinely think that's reasonably what you could expect to get from it.
Thanks for the reply :)!

To the contrary, I was only expecting between 600-700£.

Thanks for the advice too :)!

Willo34

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2015
Netherlands
Think 900 might be a stretch, although you should be able to get 800 for it. My girlfriend bought a similiar used 15 inch model, and we paid 800 euro's for it. Good luck anyway, start high, work your way down if it takes to long to sell.

Attachments

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Think 900 might be a stretch, although you should be able to get 800 for it. My girlfriend bought a similiar used 15 inch model, and we paid 800 euro's for it. Good luck anyway, start high, work your way down if it takes to long to sell.
Agreed that most 2012 15" would go for around £800 with 16GB RAM/SSD, I was just thinking with the 2.6GHz CPU it might pump the price up a little more. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.