Macbook Pro 15 inch touch bar battery problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by javiergenesisx, Nov 18, 2016.

1. javiergenesisx macrumors newbie

Hi i got my MacBook pro 15 inch with the touch bar yesterday from fedex so far i love the laptop a lot but there is one thing thats bothering me, im on the third cycle now or so but the battery from 100% to 0% seems to last only 2hours and 50 min to 3 hours for me i don't know why, i downloaded a app that tells me the estimated battery life remaining and it resembles what i'm seen anyone having this problem or do i need to get a replacement?

Attached Files:

2. paaj macrumors member

paaj

Use it few days so spotlight and icloud can finish their stuff and test again.

3. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

Yep, although I don't think there is a cure for the 13" touch-bar battery problems (as it is deeply rooted in using a very low capacity battery), I've heard the 15" should easily do 10+ hours of battery once everything is up and running (that is obviously using the iGPU of course).

4. nitschi macrumors member

And don't forget about Photos.app analysing and indexing your complete photo library. Depending on its size this might take a while.

5. javiergenesisx thread starter macrumors newbie

ok ill just wait a couple of days now the battery is almost at 90% and its been 15 min
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    okay guys i solved it i talk to a apple reprensetative i did a smc reset and now its working fine

Attached Files:

6. Spoony Bard macrumors regular

Open up Activity Monitor and move over to the Energy tab. You should be able to see what's causing the drain. I'm curious to know, so maybe you could share your results.

7. phloo macrumors regular

phloo

Did you migrate or clean installation? Maybe some problematic app is sucking the energy.
    Reboot? Safe Mode?

8. javiergenesisx thread starter macrumors newbie

i solved it i just did smc reset and now the battery drain is like very small compare to what it was before now im getting 10 hours and 30 min

9. javiergenesisx thread starter macrumors newbie

i would say to everyone at least do the smc reset once now my battery says 97% from 100% that it was an hour again just doing minimal safari browsing with britghness at like 40% idk it help for sure

10. m-a macrumors newbie

What is the 'smc reset'? How is it done?

11. javiergenesisx thread starter macrumors newbie

i know it was said to not believe battery estimated time remaining but if u look at my previous picture to now what this shows its better for sure , smc reset is easy just turn off the computer completely like shut it down and then hold on the left side ****-control-option and the power button at the same time for like 10 seconds or so then release all the keys and just press the power one to turn ur laptop on and thats it.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    s.h.i.f.t control-option and the power button i mean , for some reason it didn't write s.h.i.f.t on the last post

Attached Files:

12. fokmik macrumors 65816

13. javiergenesisx thread starter macrumors newbie

yup

14. Spoony Bard macrumors regular

While it's possible that the SMC reset specifically solved your problem, it might also be possible that a simple reboot could have remedied a process that hung @ 100% CPU usage. Most people will not have to perform an SMC reset to see typical battery life.

15. cibonak macrumors regular

cibonak

16. fokmik macrumors 65816

still nice that you have 10 hours battery life