MacBook Pro 15 inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Appler8, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Appler8 macrumors member

I'm set on buying the 15 inch MacBook pro and I want to make it the best computer possible. Looking over the Apple Website, I don't know if I Should get the 2.0 or 2.2 GHz? And If I get the 2.2 GHz, should I also get the 2.3 Quad Core processor? Should I get the 8Gb Memory? Should I get the Glossy or Anti - Glare? If you could help me answer these questions then it would help a lot.
    (I use my Mac for EVERYTHING - Photos, Videos, Music, Movies, Social Networking, Editing, etc., and I want my computer to last for a long time) :D

2. simsaladimbamba

Get the 2.2GHz model for the better GPU, but get the RAM and HDD/SSD later, as it is cheaper.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

^ basically

grab the 2.2GHz, don't get the 2.3, it's a waste of $200+ as you won't notice anything at all. Pick 4gigs of ram from the store, and if you really need 8, get it from newegg or w/e for 50 bucks instead of paying $200.

I actually just ordered mine, and I picked glossy, but it's really up to your work environment and what you intend to do. I work at a recording studio or at home, 60/40 as I won't be seeing much direct strong light. My friends told me not to get the anti-glare, too, saying it kind of makes colors look weird too. I don't know, I just want hi-res.

As for HDD, you can get the 5400 one to save power or 7200 like I had to if your program requires it too(read: Pro Tools 9), and grab a bigger/faster drive if you really want to after. Do NOT grab a SSD from apple, they are the first gen Toshibas, and Apple charges you an arm for those.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I have the 2.0 quad core and I added 8gb or ram myself

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

anything wrong with getting the 2.0ghz?

6. simsaladimbamba

The weaker GPU, and the stronger GPU comes in handy with photo editing and video editing, depending on the right applications though, if they can take advantage of it, but as programming steers into that way, it is a good bet to get the better GPU.

7. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

well, the 2.0 has a worse gpu 6490M with only 256MB of VRAM; whereas, the 2.2 version houses a 6750M with 1GB of VRAM.

It's a huge difference if you ask me.