MacBook Pro 15" Insurance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ggavena, May 15, 2017.

1. ggavena macrumors newbie

I've just purchased the new 15-inch MacBook Pro and I was looking for a good insurance plan.

Even though I bought it in the U.S, I actually live in Brazil. I was looking at a company called Worth Ave. Group. They offer good insurance plans that cover theft and burglary, which is what I'm looking for.

Has anyone ever hired their insurance plan for a MacBook Pro? Do you know how reliable they are? Do they have international coverage?

I'm mostly worried about theft coverage internationally. I obviously don't expect them to send a new MacBook to Brazil. If something happens, would they be able to mail a check to a friend in New York or transfer to my bank account (American bank account)??

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. SarcasticJoe macrumors 6502a

SarcasticJoe

Never thought about buying separate insurance for my macbook as home insurance covers personal possessions where I come from and land lords generally require renters to have home insurance. I've had one MBP replaced and another repaired under said home insurance so separate insurance, even in the form of extended warranties like AppleCare, have always felt like a waste.