MacBook Pro 15 is not tightly wrapped. Images

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by howareyoukk, Sep 26, 2013.

1. howareyoukk macrumors regular

As the two images shown , my new MacBook Pro has gaps on the left( below the battery indication light) it's not a big gap but noticeable. .i don't feel comfortable when i found out a small gaps on my computer.So if I take my laptop to local appstores , are they going to fix it for me? I wonder if there is a way to make the gap disappear ? Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

The first image shows the macbook is perfectly fit at the base. This image shows there is a gap on the other side ( below the battery indication light) do you guys think apple will fix it for me. It's still in 14 days return period. But I don't want to return it back and get the new one. Maybe they will just take the base off and adjust something and put it back nice and fit?

Attached Files:

3. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

I really doubt there's a sanctioned fix for that. You can try getting a replacement. Or to be safe, return it and buy another. Depending on your thought process, it may or may not be milking the system.

4. StockDC2 macrumors regular

Without a doubt, I would take it back and ask them to fix or replace it. That isn't normal and is clearly a defect on the manufacturing side of things.

If you wanted to try so yourself, you could unscrew the bottom case, try making adjustments, and screw it back on.

5. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. That gap is caused by a dent in the bottom cover. It usually occurs when one tries to pull the cover off with a screw still in, but the location suggests otherwise. If it's a new piece and you haven't tried to remove the bottom cover yet, you're most likely up for a replacement.

Regards
    Raptor

6. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

Hi thanks for all the replies so far. My laptop is only few days old and I only found out the gap last night. :( and I didn't remove any parts of the laptop. I guess I will contact apple and see if i can get some sorts of replacement. However, I ordered my laptop online, do you guys think I should go to my local appstores or contact apple online? Thanks :)

7. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

If it's a stock model, then I would take it to an Apple store and exchange it.

8. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

9. raptor402 macrumors 6502

As long as you purchased directly from Apple, you'll be fine. Call up customer support first, though.

10. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

When I look at that, I think battery bulge. I would take it in inquiring about that.

11. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Battery bulge. This was recently purchased as a new computer?

12. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it's a new computer . I think we can close up this thread now because I called apple days ago and they agreed to make me a new one :) thanks everyone