MacBook Pro 15" (June '09) 9600M GT Screen Capture Issue in Quicktime X.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Popfry, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Popfry macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

Well today I was using the screen capture (in Quicktime X) on the 9600M GT and the result every time was that the colour was all screwed (see in attachment)

I tried it on the 9400M and the screen capture was fine. I'm wondering if this is specifically a hardware issue or something that software may be able to fix. Currently, I have not ran into any other problems with the 9600M GT.

Is this happening to anyone else, or can anyone else test it out to see if it happens to them?

Many thanks.

Luke.

Attached Files:

2. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

I'm having the same problem, but only with the 9600. My guess is it's a software/driver issue.

3. Popfry thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thanks a lot of the information, I couldn't find that other thread, but thank you for providing it.

I have a custom colour profile that has been used with the Colour Eyes program, so that has to be it.

To clarify for others: It seems that some custom colour profiles are the reason for the screen recording feature in Quicktime X having horrible colours, probably due to a misunderstanding in the software.

Here's hoping for a fix soon!