Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
So I was laying on my couch yesterday and noticed something very strange. It appears that my sleep light moved. The light is no longer illuminating through the slit/window but to the left (right through the aluminum). I have never dropped my MacBook or done anything strange to it. Any ideas on this or how to fix it?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 45

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
That is the normal location for the sleep light on that model. The slot to the right is the infrared port.
close-up-of-new-macbook-sleep-light-and-ir-port.jpg

KapitanIksrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Wow. Someone here feels like a complete moron. :(

Is there anyway to just "undo" this post and pretend this didn't happen? I mean I've only had this computer for almost 2 years. I really don't know what it was but it caught my eye yesterday and instantly didn't look right to me. Now that I think about it, I might have done the same thing when I first got it. I need to lay off the booze for a few days or something.

And to think that I almost called apple...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Is there anyway to just "undo" this post and pretend this didn't happen?
It's actually best to leave the thread. Believe it or not, someone WILL have the very same question at some point, and will hopefully find this thread via Google or MRoogle before they ask.
I mean I've only had this computer for almost 2 years.
Don't sweat it. It's like those days where I type a word like "when" and then think "That doesn't look right! Did I spell it correctly?" It's called dain bramage... or, in my case, senility! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.