Macbook Pro - 15" Late 2008 vs. 13" Mid 2009

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by needlz, Mar 4, 2010.

1. needlz macrumors member

Hello,

I have ordered a new 13" Macbook Pro which will arrive tomorrow (1500$ after all student rebates). Today I met someone who is selling his 15" late 2008 MBP, with a 80GB Intel X25-M (I think it's G1) for about 1500$.

In both cases, I want to sell the notebook when the new ones (my guess is june) arrive.

Now please help me, I'm really stuck between the two.

Here are my pro/cons:

13 (new):
    + Has warranty
    + Portability
    + 7h Battery
    + 2.53Ghz CPU
    + Better LCD Panel
    + SD Slot

15" (13 months old):
    - No AppleCare
    - Less portability
    - Only 5h battery
    - 2.4Ghz CPU
    + Larger screen, e.g. for programming tasks
    + Dedicated GPU
    + Comes with SSD

Now, I never play any games and when I have to do programming tasks, I connect the notebook with my 23" External Display..

Oh, finally here is for what I need the notebook:
    take everyday to the university with me and develop cocoa and wpf (.net) applications.

Cheers

2. BrotherBear60 macrumors newbie

If i'm not wrong, you will get more selling your 09' 13 inch than your 08' 15 inch.

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Both good machines. Both should have reasonable resale value. Personally I'd go for the 15" as the extra screen real estate is valuable to me (I actually own a 2009 17" MBP and never use it with an external screen), but you won't go too far wrong with either one.

If screen size isn't a major issue for you, the 13" is probably the better choice.

4. needlz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, I'll probably stay with the 13".. and hope that SSDs get more affordable soon :)