Macbook Pro 15'' (Late 2011) Ram Upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Konsistency, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Konsistency macrumors newbie

I currently have a MacBook Pro 15'', QuadCore i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, and 4 GB of RAM.

I use this laptop for gaming, and just wondering if upgrading from 4 GB to 8 GB of RAM will make a big difference in gaming?

I am using Windows 7 through Bootcamp and am able to run the majority of games on max settings such as Dead Island, Left 4 Dead 2 without any lag.

However when I run other games such as Shogun 2: Total War, Metro 2033, I seem to lag a lot even when on medium settings.

In short, is 8GB RAM the maximum upgrade you can do with a MBP 15'' and will it reduce lag with gaming?

2. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

Get 8 or 16 because it's cheap. But it could be agpu issue

3. TxTime macrumors newbie

Fry's (Dallas, TX area) had Patriot 16gb kits for $90 last week. I haven't had any issues...runs great and a big improvement from the original 4gb. Do it!!

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Adding mo9re RAM might help, but it might also be that the GPU in your MBP can't handle those games very well. If that's the case, throwing more RAM into it isn't going to do anything to improve it.

5. Zwikker macrumors regular

Zwikker

6750M with 512mb Vram or 1gb of Vram? If 512mb is the case then upgrading ram won't help that much.
    If your 6750M has 1gb Vram then you ll be cookin with a ram upgrade mate.