MacBook Pro 15 Late 2013 - Trackpad issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrP90, Apr 11, 2018.

1. MrP90 macrumors member

My trackpad no long clicks on the middle right side and the center of the trackpad . Due to how I use the trackpad, I usually click on the lower right corner. I can definitely tell the difference between the lower right corner (stiff click) and the lower left (it is ok) . I did try and clean with paper around the sides and also checked for battery swelling (I do not see any) . My questions are, is there anything else I can try to fix the trackpad? Also it is my understanding that the battery and the top case and glued completely together, if I try and get it repaired at a Apple Retail store , would it be better to request a battery replacement versus trackpad repair? My AppleCare on the MBP expired two years ago, I think the 199 pricing looked better than 400+ for top case replacement. Has anyone gone thru what I am going thru now?

2. MrP90 thread starter macrumors member

Ok here is a update . Went to the Apple Retail store and they did a quick open of the MBP . Turns out the battery was swollen pushing on the trackpad. I was given the option of a depot repair thru the store and assured I would only need to pay the 199.99 flat rate battery charge.

The Genius recommended that option so if the top case was damaged , it would covered under the 199 instead of paying the full OOW repair (over 500)

3. MrP90 thread starter macrumors member

Final update , originally dropped off MBP on Friday 13th , it was ready from depot repair on Tuesday 17th, 199 plus tax. Top case and battery replaced