MacBook Pro 15" Leather Case Recommendations Needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tommy Wasabi, May 21, 2010.

1. Tommy Wasabi macrumors member

Tommy Wasabi

I'm looking for a PREMIUM leather case for a MacBook Pro 15 (new).

Vaja Cases look very nice (and I have their case for my iphone) - but i want to know if there is anything as nice with a bit more selection.

I am NOT looking for a sleeve or a bag - I'm looking for a shell type of case. The carbon fiber is not what I'm looking for.

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Tommy W.

2. fordhamram20 macrumors newbie

Mcally has a case that is leather and quite durable search for it...

3. Tommy Wasabi thread starter macrumors member

Tommy Wasabi

yes, I've seen it - it's kinda cheap - but functional. I'm looking for something that is a bit nicer. The Vaja Case is $280 - the leather is very nice. I have the type of job where showing up with a $30 bag get's you a paper cup as you are walked out the door.

Thanks for the reply though.

4. logimech macrumors member

I'm looking for a nice case for my 15'', as well. Please keep us updated if you find anything else.

I'm not crazy about the hinge part of the Vaja case... it looks like it'll bend awkwardly when in the "open" position.

5. Dferreira87 macrumors member

Hard Graft

try hardgraft.
    http://shop.hardgraft.com/

They seem to havesome really nic stuff. I also have a vaja case for an older ipod, very nice stuff.

6. cyclical macrumors regular

7. Tommy Wasabi thread starter macrumors member

Tommy Wasabi

8. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

9. Tommy Wasabi thread starter macrumors member

Tommy Wasabi

Nice Bag - but ...

Nice bag - but I'm looking for a cover that is on the MBP all the time (this is referred to a shell type of casing).

10. blackwind macrumors regular

If u can try this one http://www.vajacases.com/

they have nice range, expensive but leather is good. I had some problem with them before postage is expensive (they base in Argentina). I bought an iphone case custom made, took 30days of handmade craftsmanship. When i got it the perfection of the leather nice and very soft was i was expected. but where their metal logo hole/cut punching (must be accidentally mark the leather look like a hold in it). then i email them, i paid like $100USD + custom letterings $20 + $45 postage to Australia. You know what they said? thats how the leather are. THey are from COW's SKIN, the skin are not 100% perfect but they try best to get best spot.

Well I would buy more if they could have been abit nicer, say look next order i will give u 20$ off any product u order or something.... i mean i paid 165$ and recieving some what who not care just put a cut. My wife using the case on her phone. Look really nice. the lettering disappear abit but still can see under sunlight.

But i have to say they have nice range and product display i have seen so far.
    Cheers

11. blackwind macrumors regular

Dont get me wrong, they are best leather cases company. I saw their site from one of the iphone accessories' site. May be its just me that happen to get that dodgy product. I mean i dont intend to ask for refund or anything but all i see my case got a cut/hole inappropriately. They offer me to send it back with in 30days for exchange, they would remake it. I cant be bother at the time waiting another 30days.

Here some shot of their leather cases for our macbook pro. Still nice, i would still buy if i am in the market. U can chooose any color skin you want (thats the best part). I am still wanting to engrave name at the back of the case :)

enjoy

Attached Files: