Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012 light bleed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fenjen, Jun 30, 2013.

1. fenjen, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013

fenjen macrumors 6502

fenjen

High guys,

I'm having this light bleed on with dark backgrounds. I was wondering if this is normal and if there is really a chance of solving this if I take it back for replacement. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. fenjen thread starter macrumors 6502

fenjen

3. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

I doubt they will replace it if you have had it over 14 days.

4. fenjen thread starter macrumors 6502

fenjen

The screen has recently been replaced due to other reasons. But that's not the question. I'm not quite sure if my last screen had it but if this is a widespread issue I'm not going to bring it back.

5. foxf8 macrumors member

yea backlight/screen is not set correctly need to take it back

6. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

That's definitely not normal. You mentioned Apple already replaced it once, it looks like something went wrong during that process. THey should be able to redo their work so that problem goes away.

There was a poster with a similar problem recently that was caused by Apple replacing the screen, those lights on the bottom too. Can't seem to find it though.

7. fenjen thread starter macrumors 6502

fenjen

8. fenjen thread starter macrumors 6502

fenjen

Okay I've looked at some store models and even though its hard to see with so much lighting, when I put my hands over the screen I am almost sure I see the uneven lighting in like 9 out of 10 of them. Now what I am asking you guys to do is to go into a really dark room, turn on the black screen via pixel check and report. If someone with a non-retina MacBook could do this I would highly appreciate it.